Wednesday, March 16, 2022

D Freitag 1849 - All of the details

I wanted to devote a whole blog post to D Freitag and share all of the behind the scene details that you might find interesting.


 These first two close up photos are the first peeks I shared when I took it out of the frame.  Several stitchers commented that it looked like a Christmas sampler.

There is a binding sewn along the edges that goes right to the edge of the stitching.  After seeing how it was laced I didn't take it apart any further afraid I'd never get it put back together. Here are a few more photos.


This next photo is pretty accurate of the actual colors of the antique. The linen is really close to the WDW Cocoa. 
There are three thread versions given on the chart. Gloriana Silks, Classic Colorworks cottons, and DMC.  I stitched the sampler in the silks. I stitched the small wreath pillow on Vintage Country Mocha with the Classic Colorworks to show what that option looked like. The palettes are interchangeable, so you can pick which fabric you like and you can choose one of the three thread conversions.


The small pillow was a fun quick project. Well not super quick as there are lots of colors in it, but it is quicker to stitch than the full sampler. I have included a few different phrases you can use to stitch in the center. I have seen a few different ways stitchers have personalized their samplers. On the antique the name and date is made with turquoise seed beads. Which I guess you could do if you wanted to stay true to the antique. I opted to just use cross stitches.

I think my favorite part of this was the fun alphabets and the unique borders. But after all of that border and letter stitching the flower motifs at the bottom were very fun to stitch.

I hope you have enjoyed learning a bit more about this fun sampler. I wish I could have found more information about the stitcher. There was just not enough information to do any research.


No comments:

Post a Comment