Monday, March 21, 2022

All about Hannah

 It has been almost two years since I found Hannah's sampler. It has been a favorite of mine and many of you have loved it too.  Today we are talking all about Hannah Hetherington age 16.  When I was researching Hannah I found several Hannah Hetheringtons born in the early 1800s in England. All we know is that she was 16 years old when she stitched this beautiful sampler

Ricco helped me chart the sampler and choose the threads.  It's a good thing I have a big worktable because I always need a spot for him. He does move to his bed under the table after an hour or so of helping me work. Then he sleeps there the rest of the day.

The antique is 17.5" by 12.5" stitched over two threads on 28 count linen.  The reproduction is stitched on 36 count linen and measures 13.33" by 9.88".  It is actually framed in a premade 11" by 14" frame. The stitch count for the sampler is 240 by 178. 

There are three thread options that are interchangeable. Dinky Dyes, Gloriana Silks, and Weeks Dye Works cottons. The sampler is stitched with the Dinky Dyes, The Mini is stitched in the Weeks Dye Works threads and Hannah's Flowers is stitched in the Gloriana Silks.  Each of the palettes gives a little different feel to the stitched piece. Plus there is a direct DMC conversion for each of the three colorways. I stitched the sampler on Cocoa from Weeks Dye Works.  The two smaller pieces are stitched on Faun from Picture This Plus.






There are so many fun motifs on this sampler.  I pulled some of my favorites and made Hannah's Flowers. The stitch count is 285 wide by 70 high.

My favorite of the three is the row of flowers stitched in the Gloriana Silks.

If you've stitched Hannah please share on social media. #fromtheheartneedleart. 
 I love to see your stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment