Friday, September 18, 2020

Rose Garden Sampler

It's time to share the project I've been working on since the middle of August.  This is another From the Heart Reproduction.  The antique is from the very late 1800's. Here is a photo of the reproduction. Don't you just love that rosebud border?
'

 I stitched it on 36 count Winter Brew from R and R Reproductions. It was the perfect background for the Needlepoint Inc. Silks. The chart also has a DMC conversion. The stitch count is 193 wide by 144 high. I also designed a small adaptation piece. Scroll down to see more of it.

I finished it into a little needlebook. The stitch count is 135 wide by 63 high. It is also stitched on Winter Brew with NPI Silks.
I highlighted the initials of my grandkids.  It's a fun little way to honor them. There are eight, but some of them share initials. Love you Kymber, Sydni, Kaden, Alexis (Lexi), Quinn, Easton, Demi, and Saige.

I included simple finishing instructions for a needlebook, but this would also be great as a drum finish.

As I was stitching the middle roses, I was continually having to jump pages, so I went and printed out one sheet of just the middle of the chart. It made it so much easier to stitch, You'll be glad to know I included a page of just this middle motif in with the chart.  

Here's a photo of the antique.
Contact your local needlework shop for pre-orders. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! How many strands did you use? 1 or 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one strand of silk on 36 count linen.

      Delete
  2. I just got my chart linen and threads from the attic....dying to start but I'm in the middle of a home remodel and by end of day I'm pooped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home remodeling is hard. Hope you can squeeze in a little stitching time.

      Delete